Canadian labour markets are currently facing a critical skills shortage. This means that there is no better time to enter the wood manufacturing industry than today.
Why are students of our WOODLINKS® programs in high demand for entry-level positions?
- They have demonstrated an interest in this field of work, minimizing retention issues for employers.
- Employers save time and money on training new employees as WOODLINKS® students already have knowledge in: fundamental woodworking, safety, essential skills and technical manufacturing skills related to industry products and workplaces.
WOODLINKS® students acquire…
- An industry recognized certification, right out of high school!
- A competitive edge when going out into the workforce and/or furthering their education.
- A solid knowledge base with up to 240 hours of academic and hands-on instruction.
- The chance to practice the latest theories and approaches in their particular discipline.
- Confidence upon entering a job situation and easily transition into the workplace.
- Unique opportunities to use real-world tools and machinery.